MERAKEY is currently seeking a Records Coordinator to join our Adult Behavioral Health division in our Lafayette, LA location.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Records Coordinator possesses the technical skills necessary to maintain the components of the health information system consistent with the policies of Merakey, the records department, and all ethical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements pertaining to ICF/MR facilities. A person in this role works under the supervision and direction of the Records Director and reports to the Administrator (PHMC) on a day-to-day basis.
- This position manages incoming referrals from managed care companies of patients admitted to psychiatric hospitals via secure email and fax.
- The Coordinator will contact admitting hospital and coordinate when the patient will be discharged and having a Merakey Assessor meet with the patient to review the discharge plan.
- The coordinator will be required to maintain daily contact with the hospitals to ensure that the Merakey Assessor meets with the patient on the day of discharge.
- The Coordinator will communicate via secure email with managed care company daily and maintain the patient admin list both updating incoming admits and documenting the status of each admit.
- The coordinator will assign members to Merakey assessors and provide assessors with the discharge dates and times to help facilitate the discharge plan review.
- Coordinator needs to be able to use Microsoft Office.
- Coordinator will report to the Director of Assessments.
Rate of pay:
- High school graduate with knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and competent in their use of computers.
- Experience in office work utilizing medical terminology is required.
Check us out online at http://www.merakey.org.
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
High school graduate with knowledge of medical terminology, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and competent in use of computers. Experience in office work utilizing medical terminology required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled