Develop models to support decision-making, specifically focusing on mathematical programming. Prepare mathematical models of problem areas in one or several equations that relate constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters. Leverage statistical knowledge and exposure to models, including potentially supervised and unsupervised learning, predictions, and forecasting, analyzing data to identify trends and support the development of mission-related analyses. Perform the entire life cycle of analysis and model development, including gathering, manipulating, and interpreting data, conducting thorough analyses to identify and connect the various parts of a problem or situation, writing business documents, such as technical approaches, frameworks, and evaluations in memo or presentation formats, introducing and presenting materials to small audiences. Devise, execute, and apply modeling techniques, including mathematical optimization, discrete event simulation, queueing theory, monte carlo simulations, agent-based models, stochastic models, and markov decision processes.
- 2+ years of experience with Agent Based, Discrete Event, and Systems Dynamics modeling methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with simulation software packages AnyLogic, ExtendSim, or Arena
- 2+ years of experience with using analytical and statistical software technologies, including R, MATLAB, Python, or SAS
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and database development, including process and software
- Experience with data visualization tools, including Tableau, Qlik, or PowerBI
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, Management Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Experience with advanced optimization modeling tools, including MPL, GUROBI, CPLEX, or AIMMS
- Experience with data cleaning, manipulation, discovery, analysis, and visualization of data
- Experience with formulating linear programs or heuristics
- Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree in Operations Research, Management Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.