Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by developing and leading global transportation sourcing strategies, effectively managing suppliers and internal networks to deliver best in class performance for the relative spend area. Consistently delivers measurable and strategic goals to enable a competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership. Collaborates effectively internally and with suppliers. Develops effective multi year negotiation strategies to enable success. Leads highly complex cross functional global sourcing teams. Manages a global spend of $400 Million plus depending upon market complexity. May mentor or manage other procurement professionals. Understands and stays current on Transportation and Logistics market trends and effective negotiation strategies.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Supplier Engagement and Management:
- Effectively develop and lead global sourcing strategies, effectively manage suppliers and internal networks to deliver best in class performance for the relevant spend area
- Consistently deliver measurable and strategic goals to enable a competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership
- Effectively collaborate internally and with suppliers
- Develop effective multi year negotiation strategies to enable success
- Lead highly complex, global cross functional sourcing teams
- Employ strong knowledge of key global industry players, competitors and market dynamics.
- Develop new effective business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players
- Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Employ advanced program and project management tools, solutions and techniques.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Provide day to day oversight and perform a hands on execution role
- Effectively motivate and collaborate within team and across peer group.
- Lead using demonstrated and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills.
- Lead cross functional teams, mentor and develop Analyst procurement,
- Operate within peer group and leadership infrastructure to ensure that best practice and leverage opportunities are delivered.
Summary of Experience
6+ years analytical, planning, procurement, supply chain or other relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
Advanced analytical skills
Excellent knowledge of global market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management â€˜should-costâ€™ models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives
Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
Knowledge of business ethics and Starbucks Ethical Sourcing Requirements
Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally
Exceptional communication both written and oral
Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, BI Apps, charting programs, PowerPoint, and others
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com