Science and Technology Corporation (STC) is excited to hire an experienced Pipe Fitter/Pipe Welder to support our NASA customer. STC is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, self-starting individual who is looking to build hardware for NASA.
- Fabrication of custom structures and piping systems to tight tolerances specified on engineered drawings.
- Interpret blueprints and weld call outs to fabricate hardware within drawing specifications.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, overhead cranes, and oscillating man lifts.
- Communicates well with others and develop customer relations.
- Utilize Microsoft Office 365 for work package management (basic email, word, and excel).
Must have 6+ years of Pipe Fitting, Structural Fabrication and Pipe Welding experience. Applicant will be required to pass multiple welding qualification tests, primarily in the 6G position, open root.
- GTAW, FCAW, and GMAW on various metals to include mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Experienced with fabricating both piping systems and structural hardware.
- Experienced with various metal cutting processes to include Oxygen/Acetylene, Plasma, and Carbon Arc.
- Candidate must be able to pass welding qualification test to retain employment.
- Candidate must pass a STC and Government background check.
- Valid VA Driver’s license with good driving record to drive company vehicles.
What to Expect:
- Candidate will work onsite at NASA Langley Research Center, located in Hampton VA. Candidate will work independently and in groups within our team of Fabricators and Welders.
- All tools will be provided.
- Primary work location is in a shop environment. Candidate will have an office space with computer for time keeping, email communication, and engineer drawing access.
- Day shift, 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday through Friday (overtime as available).
- Pay rate is based on the candidates experience and relevant skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $36.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person