This position will be based out of Atlanta, GA; however, qualified candidates can reside anywhere within the United States.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the growth and business development of the market segment and brand through new account development as well as developing a plans to grow wallet share with existing customers through a trained and skilled sales team as well as a breadth of products, tools and resources.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
20% • Manage a team of Professionals to deliver profitable growth and develop new programs to help drive new profitable sales growth.
20% • Manage the vendor relationship in concert with our Merchandising team.
20% • Responsible for recruiting, selecting, and training new associates.
20% • Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
10% • Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10% • Monitor external environment, competitive industry trends, and identify new product/services opportunities and funnel to upper management
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Position reports to Pro General Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 30%- 50% of the time
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking,
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ relevant sales and business development experience.
- Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position.
- Highly-motivated, assertive, out-of-the-box thinker
- Product knowledge (Security products is preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical
- The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business and balance sheet, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills to all levels of an organization
- Presentation skills that clearly demonstrate product value to the highest levels of both internal and external management,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); understanding of additional applications such as Microsoft PowerPoint and web searches