Full-timeEstimated: $110,000 - $150,000 a year
- Time management
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
Full Job Description
Join SCAD as the senior art director for creative services. This creative and strategic thinker designs solutions for communications challenges including publications, ads, websites, signage, and more. The senior art director takes ownership of high-profile projects, provides art direction and leadership to graphic designers, and works with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate has the ability to take direction, follow instructions, and be open to constructive feedback; maintains a professional and positive attitude; demonstrates good time management skills; has the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; possesses knowledge of design, culture, and technology trends; maintains an eye for details and strong organizational skills; has strong typography skills and a working knowledge of design principles, production, and layout.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a design role at a media company, magazine, museum, university, or creative agency
- B.F.A. in graphic design
- Dynamic portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of ability and sophisticated aesthetic
- Demonstrated expertise using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in building and producing designs for both interactive and print
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills, along with the ability to motivate the team to higher levels of design thinking and application
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite