Senior Web Developer
The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team to support the company’s enterprise web development initiatives.
Working with business stakeholders to understand real world business requirements and to design and develop related enterprise level solutions. This positions primary day to day function is to create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications while assisting with the leading and mentoring of Jr team members.
The position is based out of the R+L Carriers Technology Center in Wilmington, Ohio. We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401K retirement plan, free vacation lodging at our employee resorts in Daytona Beach, FL, Big Bear Lake, CA and Pigeon Forge TN, and much more.
- Advanced PHP knowledge
- Advanced application development experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Strong understanding of back-end database development.
Day to Day Duties:
- Collaborating with design, strategy and SEO teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Installing multi-site WordPress builds
- Custom web development
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Front-end web development
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Designs and develops application development plans by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- BS in computer science or a related field
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 1 year (Required)