Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a HUB Human Resource (HR) Business Partner North America (NAM) Power Grids Grid Automation (PGGA) for its Cary, North Carolina location. You will e partner with the North America Hub Business Unit Manager and business leaders to deliver strategic HRBP support across the organization. Supports multiple product groups with differentiated portfolios.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide high-value-added support for their respective businesses.
- Ensure accountability for the overall HR contribution to the business and deliver on business objectives.
- Enhance the quality of people processes by delivering workforce insights based on standardized reports and analytics.
- Optimize coverage in line with the business structure to ensure broader and more division-specific strategic support.
- Provides HR consultation support to managers regarding various employee relations issues including policy interpretation and disciplinary actions.
- Provides initial counsel to managers regarding employment law matters including reasonable accommodation, diversity issues, FLSA and other federal and state legislation.
- Provides guidance and coaching to managers in the use of the HR tools and related processes to maximize their effectiveness in employee engagement, development and retention.
- Conducts formal presentations and training sessions with management and all-associates on various HR related topics including but not limited to employment law, interviewing, performance reviews, sexual harassment, hiring process, and associate security.
- Supports the Performance Management (PDA) process and provides coaching to PDA participants to ensure continued development.
- Answers employee questions regarding employment policies and procedures.
- Manages reduction in force process for assigned regions including docket development, severance letter creation and tracking.
- Manages ethics complaints and investigations for assigned cases; Investigates and remedies internal complaints of discrimination and ethics complaints, including interviewing witnesses, documenting, and responding to the complainant; Assists in preparing written responses based on the outcome of investigations.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data for reports, presentations and/or special projects.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures office compliance.
- Strategy leadership:
Set and implement people strategy in the North America Hub Business Unit in line with ABB global division, global BU Power Grids and global HR function strategy, including culture, competence, and organization.
- Capability Planning/ workforce Planning:
Ensure people and organizational capabilities required in the mid-long term are understood and actioned ensuring that the business and organizational positions in the short term are adequately staffed to meet or exceed the annual business targets.
Design and implement organization structure and principles in line with group and global rules and standards; Develop high performing teams, including organization restructuring, optimal utilization, redeployment and right-sizing of people resources.
Build performance culture in the organization; Implement group and global business performance standards, KPIs, and targets to enhance business performance; Identify performance issues and take actions to address them in close collaboration with Location HRBP and CoE; Recognize and reward high performance in individuals and teams.
Decide on competence actions to support business strategy; Implement learning and development activities to build and improve competence in collaboration with CoE and SSC.
In close collaboration with Talent Partners in the CoE, set and implement strategies and actions to ensure a healthy and sustainable talent structure in the organization, including recruitment, identification and succession planning on business critical positions, diversity and inclusion; Assess risks and coordinate actions to mitigate risks.
- Remuneration or Competitiveness:
Decide competitiveness position and compensation elements based on business need and in line with group and global strategy and policy; Monitor personnel cost development in the business and take corrective actions when needed.
Decide on change management need to support business strategy and plan; Implement necessary measures and actions to facilitate change, including communication, reorganization, performance management, motivation, recognition.
Under the leadership of global division and/or Business unit (BU), implement strategy, policy and plans in line with group rules and standards to ensure business benefit and continuity, including due diligence, integrating, communication, change management, retention and motivation, leadership appointment.
Implement HSE and business compliance standards and regulations in the area of responsibility. Personally live the ABB values and Group standards.
- Standards and governance:
Implement and ensure compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution and share functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- People leadership and development:
Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and development directed. Build an effective, capable and high performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 12 years of experience in Human Resource Generalist coupled with California labor law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business is preferred.
- Experience in executing programs in: strategy leadership, capability & workforce planning, organization design, performance management, competence development, talent management, remuneration, change management, people leadership and development.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Grid Automation
Date posted 2019-03-05
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US67332898_E2