SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Operations is the primary point of contact responsible to support the customer. This position is responsible for maintaining customer relationships and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for the operational execution of contracts, ensuring the safety and quality of the account, driving INTREN’s core values and mission. The Director of Operations collaborates directly with the Executive Vice President (EVP) on business development and the development of business strategies for all assigned customers.
Customer Satisfaction and Relationships:
INTREN Operational Performance:
- Customer satisfaction (follows-up during and after each job/contract to obtain feedback on performance and establish areas for improvement).
- Relationships (knows customer organization structure and key management).
- Collaborates with the Executive Vice President to develop a relationship plan and assigns personnel to maintain relationships at appropriate levels.
Contract and Financial Performance
- Responsible for management and execution of contracts.
- Responsible for establishing, managing and tracking department operating budget; P&L
- Reviews financial and dashboard reports summarizing performance for all customer contracts.
- Monitors Project Manager contract assumed cost against actual field cost.
- Responsible for the overhead cost for their accounts.
- Responsible for the operational execution of both the customer’s and INTREN’s key performance indicators meeting INTREN’s standards.
- Ensures all customer estimates are properly reviewed and approved.
Project Management Performance
- Ensures all contracts are assigned a Project Manager.
- Reviews Project Manager project plans and status reports.
- Ensures job or work order setup, weekly data entry, change orders and close-outs are handled appropriately and accurately.
- Ensures accurate and timely invoicing.
- Perform internal Project Management Audits.
- Ensures all subcontractors are managed to INTREN standards and requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all INTREN processes and procedures are followed.
- Ensures field procedures and safety policies for INTREN and the customer are followed.
- Responsible for proper utilization of equipment, equipment incident reporting, equipment request forms, and rentals.
- Cognizant of safety performance and responsible to drive necessary improvements through interaction with department managers.
- Responsible for driving and coordinating required staff training.
- Assists the Superintendent to develop and implement improvement plans with the as required (OSHA, DI’s, SI’s, costs, equipment utilization rates, equipment damage, preventative maintenance, etc.).
Customer Business Development, working with the Executive Vice President:
- Responsible for developing a customer account plan and business development strategy for all assigned customers.
- Establish annual sales and profit targets based on established contracts and new business following the company’s initiatives.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Establishes annual performance goals and development goals with each of their direct reports.
- Conducts formal performance review sessions per company performance management schedule and provides timely feedback throughout the year on performance.
- Coaches and mentors employees.
- Develops and maintains an account succession plan with current staff through consultation with Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in project management or direct supervisory role.
- Five (5) years of management/supervisory experience or demonstrated proficiency and experience managing large complex projects using project management techniques including:
- Planning and control
- Product/work breakdown structures
- Critical path analysis
- Issue and risk management
- Identification, assessment and management of project risks including contingency plans
- PM tools
- Methods and techniques for planning, scheduling, resource balancing, monitoring cost
- Business case development
- Cost/benefit evaluations
- Progress Reporting
- Cost/schedule curves
- Project status reports
- Earned value analysis
- Prefer advanced technical degree/MBA or Project Management Certificate (PMP), PE
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, communicate effectively, engage others in the required processes and hold people accountable.