Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a Product Designer for the AR/VR org, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will help us design new ways for people to create, connect and share using the unique qualities of this immediate and immersive new medium.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, game design and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of this product space across Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
We are looking for an experienced and talented AR/VR Product Designer to conceptualize, illustrate, build and deliver innovative interaction paradigms. You will be expected to independently sketch, design, previz, animate, prototype, script and execute. A positive and collaborative attitude is required. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication skills.
The ideal candidate should also have a deep understanding of immersive 3D UI and have strong Unity prototyping skills.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality designs
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Document processes and methodology
- Contribute to defining interaction patterns for emerging AR usage
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, art team, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Render and animate pre-visualizations to help communicate ideas
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Problem solve within the product space (AR Studio/Unity)
Bachelor's degree in Interactive Design, Game Design, a related field or experience
- URL featuring examples of 3D interaction design work
- Experience working with game engines like Unity and Unreal
- Experience crafting 3D interactive design prototypes
- Experience using 3D and 2D art creation software like Cinema4D, Maya, Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator
- Communication experience
- 3+ years experience with 3D, AR, VR or tooling
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, interior design or industrial design
- 5+ years experience shipping immersive and compelling experiences
- 1+ years mobile AR experience
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)