Digital Management, Inc. (DMI) is seeking a Windows System Administrator
to support the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) in Seaside, CA. We are looking for a candidate with a broad range of technical skills, including Windows, Active Directory, virtual technologies, scripting, infrastructure automation, SCCM/SCOM, and Windows Server SQL administration. The ideal candidate will seek out new challenges and opportunities, demonstrate unwavering initiative and intelligence, and collaborate with other technical SMEs to gain insight and consensus and ultimately a path toward solving diverse technical challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in on-call rotation among staff who support a critical production infrastructure in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Deploy and manage server infrastructure, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Patching, Security and Compliance, etc.
- Deploy and manage operations and management (O&M) infrastructure tools.
- Identify and automate routine tasks to improve performance and efficiency.
- Plan, install, build, manage, support, configure, and test server infrastructure components and connectivity.
- Identify physical facility requirements needed to operate server infrastructure components.
- Provide primary system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Windows servers environment and performance issues.
- Maintain server security in compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and supporting vendor requirements.
- Analyze Windows systems, check processes and log files, and retrieve and review information contained within logs for troubleshooting.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backups, scheduled jobs, and be able to monitor systems and processes and take proactive action.
- Support package testing, installation, deployment, and operation.
- Support and troubleshoot server infrastructure and applications.
- Install new servers and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Perform system changes following change management processes.
- Perform proactive capacity planning, including short- and long-term trend analysis, ensuring all server infrastructure devices are monitored for capacity and stability.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage competing priorities, take a proactive approach to improving services, and have an innovative and keen interest in learning new technologies.
- Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
- Define and integrate current best practices (e.g., technical, security, process) in server infrastructure solution analysis and definition.
- Interface directly with end users and other stakeholders to ensure resolution of server issues and accurate documentation through the help desk tracking system.
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test, and modify computer systems or programs based on and related to user or system design specifications.
Required Education and Certifications:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (IT) field or equivalent military or professional work experience
- Security+ or CISSP certification required within 6 months of employment
- At least one Windows domain certificate (e.g., Windows Server 2012/2016 MCSA/MCSE) required within six months of employment
Desired Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- 5 years of relevant military or professional work experience managing and administering Windows Server infrastructure
- Availability to provide 24x7x365 support while operating in a rotational, on-call status
- A keen sense of urgency to facilitate prompt incident identification and resolution
- Ability to work independently or with a team to analyze and solve complex technical problems through research, diagnosis, identification of the best course of action, presentation of technical roadmap to key stakeholders, testing, and validation
- Incredible verbal and written communication skills required to gather, synthesize, and analyze highly technical information from subject matter experts (SMEs) and to provide clear and concise status updates to diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience supporting SQL Server environments for mission-critical, production applications
- Experience performing MSSQL Server upgrades and migrations, including in clustered environments
- Experience working in a 24x7x365 data center, service operations center (SOC), or similar fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Windows Server 2012/2016 certification
- Strong understanding of data center infrastructure, including UNIX, Linux, VMWare ESX, Oracle, and network equipment and operations
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or similar software to manipulate and interrogate data to produce trend analysis, pivot tables, and other graphs and charts
- Experience supporting the US military, Department of Defense (DoD), or military-industrial complex as a service member, civilian, contractor, or consultant
- 2 years of SQL Server Database Administration experience working with SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012
- Experience using and supporting Microsoft SCOM/SCCM
- Windows scripting and automated software deployment experience
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop, VMware vSphere (ESXi), vCenter technologies, CISCO UCS Blade Server, Public Key Infrastructure, and virtualization
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certificate with experience supporting service-oriented operational projects
- PMP certification
- Agile certification (e.g., CSM, CSD, PMI-ACP, SAFe)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with TOP SECRET security clearance, or with SECRET security clearance and SSBI
: Seaside, CA. Remote work (telework) considered for highly skilled, senior candidate.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.