This position is responsible for the timely and accurate distribution and dispatching of incoming, outgoing and inter-departmental mail. This is a part time position, Monday through Friday 12:45 pm to 4:30 pm.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Receives all incoming mail, interdepartmental mail and parcel service shipments; sorts mail daily according to appropriate destination; distributes to all departments after manually and mechanically opening mail pieces.
- Performs a preliminary sorting/batching of claims received to give to the Pre-Edit Department.
- Prints, folds, inserts and mails various jobs sent via email from computer operations area daily. Task involves printing jobs on correct paper stock (i.e., i.d. card stock, letterhead, privacy notice forms, white paper, etc.); folding, inserting into envelope, and following directions given for mailing (either to group contact or to individual members).
- Responsible for bursting, decollating, folding, inserting and mailing various computer outputted forms.
- Pushes hand truck or mail cart throughout three floors of Delta Dental of NJ & CT.
- Prepares items for parcel service and logs parcel shipments via PC.
- Maintains and reports in-house postage necessities to Director, Purchasing & Office Services.
- Assists in filling orders when needed. Stocks pantries with necessary paper and coffee products.
- Performs routine servicing and cleaning of mailroom equipment.
- Collects, processes and posts outgoing mail on a daily basis according to department time schedules.
- Required to straighten work area at the end of the day.
- Provides assistance to office personnel such as assisting in moving office furniture and supplies, assisting in minor office maintenance and repairs and occasionally act as office messenger.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
Adaptability-Flexibility Communication Skills
Computer Skills Customer Focus
Dependability Job Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Technical and Functional
- Basic math proficiency and ability to understand and work with figures as they relate to computing quantities and postage amounts
- Possess good organizational and communication skills
- PC skills including basic proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Must be able to interpret orders
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research and troubleshoot problems
- Must possess good judgment
- Attention to detail
Required Physical Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and perform extensive close keyboard and PC work
- Ability to walk, talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms
- Lift up to 20 pound trays or buckets of mail from floor to table approximately 3 feet, drag up to a 70 pound mail bag or box as far as 25 feet, and lift up to 70 pounds 5 inches from the ground
- Ability to meet deadlines and attendance standards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This classification will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- One year in a production environment
Required Educational Level
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.