Full-time | Part-timeEstimated: $63,000 - $86,000 a year
- Analysis skills
- Account reconciliation
- Microsoft Excel
- Account analysis
- Communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Consultant Accountant Position
Analyzes and prepares the more complicated general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries specializing in Medi-Cal. Prepare consolidated financial statement packages for both internal and external. Perform account analysis and assist with monthly close.
- Perform Medi-Cal revenue accounting entries and analysis.
- Perform Medi-Cal revenue reconciliations.
- Assists with certain technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and or new revenue payment streams.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including consolidation journal entries.
- Perform monthly analysis of general ledger account variances and reconcile changes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages for both external and internal.
- Prepare quarterly and annual accounting statements for regulators, Department of Health Care Services, Department of Manage Health Care and Department of Insurance.
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits.
- Interact with internal and external parties on finance and accounting related issues.
- Participate in various special projects as needed.
- Research and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Keep up to date with SSAP and GAAP pronouncements.
Minimum Experience Level:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of SSAP is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly analyze and resolve complex accounting issues.
- Computer/Technical ability: in Microsoft excel and hyperon Smartview, Oracle financial system is a plus.
- Proactive and good communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred
- Typically requires 5-8 years of experience in Accounting/Public Accounting field.
- Medi-Cal experience required.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.