Are you friendly and enjoy building relationships with new people? You are comfortable interacting with a variety of personalities? Are you creative, organized, and enjoy a flexible schedule?
As the Life Enrichment - Activities Assistant at Miller’s, you play a key role in patient satisfaction and well-being. You assist the Live Enrichment Director in planning and executing activities to enrich the lives of patients within the facility. You make one-on-one visits with patients and encourage participation in various activities. You interact with volunteers. You may be required to transport patients to scheduled events away from the facility.
You may be the ideal candidate if you:
- Have previous experience in healthcare/patient activities (preferred)
- Have good communication skills.
- Possess a current driver’s license and good driving record
- Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Are professional in appearance and behavior
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. To assist in the execution of a wide variety of activities to enrich the lives of the residents within the facility.
2. Promote activities within the facility, and encourage and motivate residents to participate in planned activities and ensure resident safety.
3. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
4. Assist the director or assistant in preparing materials for individual and group activities.
5. Coordinate activities programs with other services in the faciltiy as directed.
6. Conform to dress and hygiene codes of the facility.
7. Assist residents coming to and from activities, including driving them to off-site activities.
8. Uphold and protect the rights of the residents.
9. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
9. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II:
Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.