We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker in Northern Franklin County!
At Hospice of the North Country, our Social Workers have a direct impact on the lives of patients and families within our local community.
The Social Worker will provide coordinated care in the homes of patients of all age groups and perform psychosocial assessments, analysis, counseling, and referrals to meet the needs of the patient/family.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker with at least 2 years of community-based experience. *MSW will be considered with the understanding that licensure must be obtained w/in 6 months of hire (HONC will help defray exam fee)
- Home care experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Job Duties
- Provides social work services, under medical supervision, in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
- Provides initial and ongoing assessment of social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life care while providing guidance and support to encourage compliance with the hospice team recommendations to maximize the patient’s quality of life.
- Counsels patients and families concerning financial concerns, life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, and care giving issues.
- Participates in initial and on-going bereavement assessment.
- Provides bereavement services as determined by the family plan of care.
· Coordinate memorial events in honor of loved ones
- Coordinates volunteer program in Franklin County
Send resume and letter of intent to:
Lisa Susice, MSN, RN, Director of Patient Services
3909 State Rt. 11, Malone, NY 12953
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $51,000.00 /year
- Social Work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social Work License (Preferred)
- LSW (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused