We are currently seeking a Manager level data scientist to drive analytical projects and insights for Visa Analytics. The position will be based at Visa's office in Ashburn, VA.
The predictive modeling team within Visa Analytical Data Product is responsible for building and maintaining major consumer behavior models to solve business problem for clients and issuers. The team closely collaborates with other analytic stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to customers. Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification, machine learning and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation.
- Build predictive models with artificial neural networks and advanced machine learning techniques; interpret and present modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience
- Compile complex predictive model packages for production deployment; support model installations, and monitor and calibrate production models
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure development and production outcomes and produce performance reports
- Propel analytic product development via conducting statistical analyses on various data sources; and add values to products by being innovative and applying the analysis
- Conduct transaction data analyses with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external product owners, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical methods
- Support sales and marketing efforts with sound statistical and financial analysis; execute ad-hoc analyses to meet the fast-changing market demands
- Develop business requirements and appropriate statistical analysis/prototypes to meet critical business needs
- Derive and develop transaction attributes to grow analytic products
- Work on cross functional teams and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote big data innovations and analytic education throughout the Visa organization Qualifications
- Graduate degree in a quantitative subject such as statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, or similar disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing statistical predictive models
- Prefer modeling experience in bankcard industry or financial service company using for fraud,credit risk, bankruptcy, or marketing
- Proficiency with modeling software and knowledge in using Unix system; experience with Python, Java, Hadoop, HIVE, IMPALA, Artificial Neural Networks and XML are desirable, if not proven ability to quickly learn and apply is required.
- Must be detail-focused and have business oriented thinking
- Proven ability to apply new technologies such as open source software and cloud, and leverage appropriate analytical tools to predictive modeling
- Proven ability of handling multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent business writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.