We are a growing organization with a busy restaurant and have an open role for Host. You will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift. You represent the guests first exposure to our staff as they walk in the door; a positive attitude is required!
We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, looking for day time and evening shifts.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.Host Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- hosting: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma