Learn Charter School Network is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to join our team!
LEARN is a network of high performing college-preparatory, tuition-free public elementary and middle schools that serve children. There are 10 LEARN Schools serving 4,100 students in grades PK-8 across Chicago, Waukegan, and North Chicago.
LEARN and our amazing educators, have received numerous recognitions for making an impact in public education, including the 2018 Chicago Magazine's Top Elementary Charter Schools and the 2018 Illinois Network of Charter Schools Principal of the Year Award.
LEARN's mission remains crystal clear: to provide children with the academic foundation and ambition to earn a college degree. LEARN is currently looking for hard-working and passionate professionals that are dedicated to transforming public education.
The primary responsibilities of the Special Education Teacher are to maintain quality services in accordance with state/federal guidelines and ensuring that instruction, modifications, etc. for students with special needs are being implemented consistently. An ideal candidate is someone who has a proven record of success and is committed to maintaining high expectations for students.
Schedule: Monday through Friday- 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Personal days
- Paid holidays
- Short and long term disability
- Paid life insurance
- 403B and the Chicago Teachers' Pension fund
- Planning and delivering differentiated instruction to children with special needs based on the identified goals of IEPs
- Implementing ongoing assessments to develop and revise IEP goals as necessary
- Assisting instructors in developing interventions for students
- Maintaining updated and accurate reports
- Maintaining ongoing parent communication
- Facilitating school-based problem-solving meetings
- Coordinating evaluations and supervising the referral process and IEP development
- Ensuring timely delivery of internal and/ or contracted services
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with Illinois State Law and CPS regulations while maintaining regular communication with CPS Office of Specialized Services
- Provide direct services as needed to Special Education students
- Demonstrates effective classroom management skills that contributes to a positive learning environment
- Willingness to collaborate with peers and to grow professionally
- Understands how to use data to improve instruction and academic outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education required
- State of Illinois LBS I certification required
- Must be Highly Qualified according to IL State Board of Education required
- Bilingual preferred
- 1+ years of teaching experience in special education required
- Demonstrated track record of delivering gains in student academic achievement
- Demonstrated record of living LEARN's Core Values
- May be lifting and carrying children and equipment
- May spend time sitting on the floor or child-sized furniture
- Requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment
- Requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files
- Require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around the classroom and kneel upwards of 60% of the day
- May require the ability to walking up and down stairs several times a day
- Must be able to lift 15 to 20 lbs for short periods of time and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs.
- Busy and occasionally noisy environment
- There may be a number of activities and situations happening at once
- Majority of work will be performed in a general office/school environment
- Requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings
Indeed Hire and Learn Charter School Network are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- special education teaching: 1 year (Required)
- State of Illinois LBS I (Required)
- Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBS1) Endorsement (Required)
- Spanish and English (Preferred)
- North Chicago, IL: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)