Job Title :
Emergency Room Registered Nurse
North Suburban Medical Center
9191 Grant Street Thornton, CO 80229 www.northsuburban.com
Full-Time/Nights, Rotating Weekends
OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE LINES:
Why Choose to be an Emergency Room Nurse at our Hospital :
- Level III Trauma Center, survey for Level II in 2018
- Top performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission each of the last four years
- Joint Commission Certification in Primary Stroke Care
- Joint Commission Certification in Sepsis Care
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center accreditation
- Pediatric ER staffed with Pediatric ER nurses and board-certified pediatricians
- Closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
- Professional Development opportunities including a $5,250 tuition reimbursement per year .
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
Carries out physician orders.
Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
Current licensure as an RN Colorado , will accept compact RN state License
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Certification through the AHA
TNCC and PALS
2 years current ED experience as an RN
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.