We are interested in those that are able to successfully provide on-site coordination for all phases of Multi-Family and Single Family construction projects, including but not limited to coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, enforcing code & corporate standards, and work is progressing on schedule and within budget. Candidate shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, job site safety, and customer walk throughs.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
* Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
* Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed, to ensure compliance with all code requirements and Builder’s standards for quality.
* Communicate with project professionals and team regarding RFI’s, conflict resolutions, and Material Submittals.
* Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
* Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
* Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
* Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
* Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
* Perform duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously when needed.
* Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
* Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
* Perform walk throughs with homeowners prior to turnover and after turnover in conjunction with Customer Care.
* Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling under the guidance of the Owner.
* Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
* Perform or delegate job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
* Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
* Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
Job Scope: The Lead Superintendent is ultimately responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes. Candidate shall schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed. The Candidate shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field, provide work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, architect, engineer, consultants, Owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of
work that deviates from the approved plans. Candidate shall supervise or coordinate the competent supervision of all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. Superintendent shall supervise all Assistant-Superintendents or Handy Men if assigned to the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
* Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
* Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, mobile devices, digital camera.
* Blueprint reading.
* Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes & use time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Maintains a “Whatever it takes” attitude.
* Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
* Education and/or Experience: Minimum of five years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Experience in tract housing and multifamily production is key.
* Office experience of Buildtopia, Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook), Microsoft 365, is also preferred.
Job Type: Full-time