The Functional Special Advisor will provide insight and advice regarding data, products and services to the CIO Future Experience Office at NGA.
The person filling this position will provide insight and advice regarding data, products and services to the CIO Future Experience Office at NGA. Duties and responsibilities include:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Serve as a liaison between customers and data providers to leverage knowledge to anticipate customer requirements and recommendations of GEOINT information.
- Support the Agency's overall mission including expediting crisis work and ad hoc tasking on various scheduled arrangements to support TF leadership on emerging programs and projects to move the Customer Services and online delivery GEOINT forward.
- Assist in formulating strategic initiatives related to CIO-T/TF/TFI Future Experience Office. Provide assessments to identify effective initiatives and their processes. Develop strategies and identify measures and actions required to achieve and/or improve the Future Experience Office’s provided services.
- Provide Customer Service expertise and advice to ensure NGA’s three-tiered model is supportive of the full spectrum of GEOINT users.
- Develop iterations of dashboards with metrics information to assess existing site instrumentation data and develop implementation strategies.
- Establish an agile analytics process that provides better insight into ongoing analytic/data visualization activities.
- Provide an inventory of implemented and in-development dashboards. Maintain current dashboard backlog for implementation.
- Incorporate feedback and coordination with TF partners to develop the next iteration of visualization dashboards.
- Identify the data visualization requirements of the dashboard to identify key NGA products and services used to support potential high priority operational activities.
- Minimum Year of Experience: 11
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related graduate degree -or- equivalent years of work-related experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrated experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) Database.
- Demonstrated experience working with requestors to understand the purpose and content of requested reports, utilizing systems to create routine reports to meet user needs, and audits and analyzes data to verify quality and data integrity (balancing, control totals, quality checking).
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must have a Top Secret/SCI Clearance (TS/SCI)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience with GEOINT customer service, customer service management tools and techniques, and enabling technologies, to include data and products. Work with Analytical customers (authors) to convey GEOINT to customers.
- Minimum 7 years’ of systems engineering program management and/or senior leadership experience within the IC.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS) communication and visualization tools (Tableau) to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Microsoft Excel pivot tables, v-lookups and/or macros.
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
NGA's Three-tiered model
Intelligence Community (IC)
Microsoft (MS) Pivot Table