Position Title: Store Manager
Enterprise Job Code: 600048
Position Reports To: District Manager
Position supervises: Store Associates, Assistant Manager, QSR Leader, QSR Associates, & Manager in Training
FLSA Status: Exempt
Profile last updated: January 26, 2011
Responsible for managing and directing the operation of assigned store to maximize sales and profitability. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the store is providing the customer service that meets or exceeds Company standards and customer expectations.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and managing a team of sales oriented associates who perform at levels consistent with our corporate objectives. Assure that personnel processes (hiring, training, reviews, promotion, discipline, and termination) are carried out in a legal and ethical manner, and in accordance to Company Policy.
- Supervise all associates in a fair, consistent, impartial, and timely manner, in accordance with all EEOC guidelines.
- Support, uphold, and enforce all Company policies, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the store maintains hours of operation as posted, operates within established inventory levels, salary budgets (and other controllables), and gross profit margins, to achieve maximum profitability. Accountable for building store sales and gross profit margins through implementation of corporate merchandising policies, procedures, and programs.
- Regularly complete price surveys of the competition and observes competitors for changes. Execute price changes in a timely fashion, per Company Policy.
- Maintain high standards of store image ensuring that the store is clean, well stocked, and ready for business.
- Responsible for building an environment of teamwork between store associates, supervisors, and vendors.
- Ensure information flows to all store associates and advises management of significant events affecting the store or the market.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions as required, with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Specific Skills:
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Coaching/Training - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job, meet key accountabilities, and strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Follow-Up - Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) –Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2-3 years experience working as an Assistant Manager in a retail setting and/or has successfully completed the Manager in Training program.
- Ability to travel independently.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs but could be more based on the job location.
- Most stores are open seven days a week and 24 hours per day. Manager’s workweek regularly consists of 48 plus hours per week. Managers are responsible to assure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must have reliable source of transportation and the ability to be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- 2 years of retail Management experience
- 2 years of other nonretail transferrable Management experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient computer skills
Potential Career Path from this position:
- District Manager
- Loss Prevention
- Category Manager
- District Trainer
- Human Resources Specialist
- Information Technology
Job Codes to be used:
KERMIT 2193015- C-Store/Store Manager
Statements included in this job profile do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- Equivalent: 1 year (Preferred)