Moldaw Residences (MR), a 193-unit continuum of care retirement community located in Palo Alto, is seeking a Caregiver to assist the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Carry out various procedures such as collection of lab specimen for urine and stool samples.
- Assist residents with their nutritional needs.
- Transfer, transport and escort residents as needed.
- Answer call lights promptly.
- Change bed linens, make beds and keep rooms clean and orderly.
- Maintain safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Attend in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Perform specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Prior geriatric nursing aide experience, preferred.
- CPR Certified, preferred.
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow instructions in English
- Ability to communicate effectively and perform simple arithmetic.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office or willingness to learn within 90 days of employment for maintaining proper documentation of care provided during shift.
- Ability to provide coverage or work overtime when needed.
- MUST PASS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND PHYSICAL /TB TEST
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting.
- May be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, Geri chair or shower chair, pushing up to 150lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125lbs. unassisted, or with the assistant of one for a resident weighing over 125lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior.
- Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs. frequently and 50lbs. occasionally.
Feel free to stop by 899 E. Charleston Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303 to complete an employment application
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Type: Part-time