A Warehouse Lead is a key position in a warehouse or distribution center responsible for overseeing the daily operations and coordinating the activities of warehouse staff. Their main objective is to ensure the efficient and smooth functioning of the warehouse while maintaining a safe and productive working environment. The specific job description may vary depending on the company and industry, but here are some common responsibilities and tasks associated with the role of a Warehouse Lead:
- Supervision and Leadership: Provide direction, guidance, and leadership to warehouse staff, including warehouse associates, forklift operators, and other team members. Motivate and inspire the team to meet performance goals.
- Inventory Management: Oversee the receipt, storage, and organization of goods and products in the warehouse. Monitor inventory levels, conduct periodic audits, and collaborate with inventory control teams to ensure accuracy.
- Order Fulfillment: Coordinate the picking, packing, and shipping of customer orders. Ensure that orders are processed accurately and timely to meet customer demands.
- Safety Compliance: Enforce safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment. Conduct regular safety inspections, identify potential hazards, and implement corrective actions to prevent accidents.
- Training and Development: Provide training to new hires and ongoing training to existing warehouse staff to enhance their skills and productivity. Cross-train employees to handle multiple tasks within the warehouse.
- Equipment Maintenance: Oversee the maintenance and proper utilization of warehouse equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and conveyor systems. Report equipment malfunctions and coordinate repairs or replacements.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of warehouse activities, including shipping and receiving logs, inventory reports, and employee performance records. Generate reports for management as needed.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate warehouse processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement in efficiency, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness. Implement best practices to optimize warehouse operations.
- Communication: Facilitate clear and effective communication between warehouse staff and other departments, such as procurement, sales, and customer service, to ensure seamless coordination.
- Problem Solving: Address and resolve any issues or discrepancies that may arise, such as shipping errors, damaged goods, or inventory discrepancies.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and legal requirements related to warehouse operations, including safety, environmental, and labor laws.
- Performance Management: Conduct regular performance evaluations of warehouse staff and provide feedback to help them improve and grow professionally.
To excel in this role, a Warehouse Lead should possess strong leadership skills, excellent organizational abilities, and a thorough understanding of warehouse operations and logistics. They should also have a keen eye for detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person