- Basic Computer Skills
- Curriculum Development
The School of Accounting in the College of Business invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor to begin in Fall 2019. The primary responsibility of all full-time faculty of the University is the scholarly teaching of students in the courses and sections that are assigned. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality teaching, and professional service, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He or she will be expected to deliver experiential and applied learning to students. All course delivery and assessment data will be aligned and collected in accordance with the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accreditation standards. Courses will be taught in face to face classrooms, hybrid environments and via online delivery. Additionally, this Assistant/Associate Professor will remain current and pursue scholarship in his/her field of study; participate in committees and other forms of service to the institution; and advise students regarding a variety of career goals and courses, including students pursuing careers in public accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scholarship and Professional Activity:
- Teach 24 credits per academic year;
- Courses taught will include, but are not limited to, Federal Taxation I and II, Intermediate Accounting I and II, Auditing, and other courses in the faculty member’s area of expertise;
- Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methodologies and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions;
- Prepare course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures, leading discussions, and conducting experiential learning opportunities in face to face classes, hybrid environments and online through Canvas;
- Deliver experiential and applied learning to students while incorporating the technology available on campus;
- Contribute to the development and revision of course content and instructional materials, textbook and equipment selection, and assessment strategies;
- Align all course delivery and collect assessment data in accordance with the IACBE accreditation standards.
- Learn and apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment;
- Remain current in areas of expertise through continual study and scholarship in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations;
- Provide assistance with curriculum development
- Participate in School, College, and University meetings, retreats, committees, and activities (open house, and/or student recruitment projects);
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Advise students in the College of Business according to the Husson University Advising Manual;
- Work with students and employers in professional settings, internships, field placements, and similar work-related situations as needed;
- Employ University retention strategies;
- Maintain weekly office hours to meet with students regarding class work, course registration, program declaration and career preparation.
Education and Experience
Doctorate and CPA or equivalent preferred. ABD will be considered.
Demonstrated excellence in teaching with specific knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate courses in assigned accounting topic areas. Candidates must have training and professional work experience in the field of accounting.
Previous professional experience in public accounting in either taxation or auditing is preferred.
Knowledge and ability to teach face to face, in a hybrid environment or online.
Mastery of appropriate computer operation skills.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the Husson University’s mission and to the highest ethical standards.