SATCOM DIRECT (SD) offers world-class global communications services, support, and technology to business and general aviation, military, government, emergency response, media, and others who depend on reliable, global communications. We support customers via locations around the globe including our world headquarters and network operations center (NOC) located in beautiful Melbourne, Florida.
Our company culture is based on innovation and creativity which allows our team members to thrive in a lively and dynamic atmosphere. We offer our employees a dynamic environment with an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and highly competitive compensation. SD hires team players with a high level of professionalism that demonstrate a positive attitude and an overall willingness to get the job done. We are looking for people who are passionate about customer satisfaction and who excel in a rapidly changing technology environment.
Satcom Direct is seeking an experienced Senior Paralegal to support the Corporate Legal Department with all compliance programs and business operations including Export Control, OFAC, EAR. The professional should have experience in federal government contracting as well as the ability to manage projects/processes and conduct legal research.This position can reside in either Herndon, VA or Melbourne, FL and may require routine travel between locations.
- The candidate will be responsible for regulatory and legal filings with federal and state agencies, to include the monitoring and review of such filings to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance. The candidate must be able to manage project timelines, document their progress, and accurately communicate any associated issues and risks to Management.
- The candidate will support and coordinate internal response efforts for litigation and administrative/regulatory inquires, receive and track subpoenas, identify internal subject matter experts and key stakeholders, build response plans in coordination with legal colleagues and manage litigation hold notices.
- Responsibilities will also include reviewing, analyzing and drafting legal documentation, corporate governance documents (including minutes, consents, charters, policies etc.), novation agreements, change of name agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, and other similar commercial and government agreements.
- The Senior Paralegal will serve as the Legal Department's liaison in support of assigned projects, including communications with federal government agencies, and coordination of activities across the organization.
- Additional duties will include knowledge capture and organization efforts related to policies and procedures, individual matters, and client alerts to assist with building internal training and advisories.
- The candidate will report to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel, and will work closely with executives in finance, contracts, security, accounting, tax, government compliance, human resources and business development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with a current Paralegal certificate is required.
- 5-7+ years of experience in government contracts, and familiarity with FAR/DFAR, government contract databases, and corporate governance.
- Experience with trade compliance laws and regulations, especially as related to import and export of aviation and communications related goods and services,including the ITAR, EAR and international equivalents.
- Familiarity with Telecom/Satellite industry regulations, especially as related to complex USF fee structures and reporting.
- Experience working in a large law ?rm or in-house corporate legal department.
- Demonstrate high standards of integrity, honesty, confidentiality, and ethics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work professionally with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with ever changing priorities.
- Experience in managing programs and projects with demonstrated examples of working in a team environment.
- Pro?ciency with all Microsoft Office products and Westlaw.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research that results in written communication that can be presented to Counsel and ultimately the Executive Team.
- Experience developing and presenting summaries of complex matters for audiences in positions of seniority.
- Self-starter who can work independently with a willingness to go above and beyond routine tasks.
SD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring the most qualified candidates for approved company positions, without preference to any individual on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Our policy is to engage in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws. SD and its businesses follow talent acquisition practices that identify qualified and diverse candidates, promote opportunities for employee development, and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.