When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Excellence Team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Global Operations Team employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide. The Global Operations Team is seeking a results-driven professional to lead the evolution of the ACE(Achieving Competitive Excellence) Operating System through the execution of the UTAS ACE strategic goals, initiatives and enhancements to the six (6) Global Operations sites.
This position will report to the Director, Global Operations Productivity and Global Strategy, and will be responsible for, but not limited to, leading the following:
- Jointly develop, deploy and track each site’s ACE Implementation Matrix (AIM) strategy, based on the process robustness and productivity gaps for each site:
- Develop a structured Roadmap of activities that will lead to sustained improvement in Operational Performance
- For each site, lead Improvement Target #4: Drive ACE using the UTAS ACE deployment tool achieving a minimum transformational maturity of 3 boxes per column (Bronze)
- For each site, lead Improvement Target #5: Lead the strategy and execution of “Time-based Standard Work” for production, production planning, materials management, production control, delivery assurance, and transactional procurement
- Lead the aggregation and associated gap analysis/Executive Summary for the Global Operations Monthly Policy Deployment Process Review (PDPR; Customer = Vice President of Global Operations and Vice President of Operations and Supply Chain)
- Jointly develop the Lean Leadership Week strategy with Global Operations Site General Managers and the Associate Director of Productivity. Critical to this role: Being “Part of the Solution”
- Lead site level process improvements related to managing the ACE Operating System
- Support the progression of each site’s ACE/AIM Self-Assessment, leading all sites to Bronze by year end, 2018
- Contribute to the execution of enhancements to the ACE Certification Program (as needed / defined by the ACP program Manager)
- Support the execution of Lean Manufacturing/Cell Transformation
- Coordinate special projects as needed
- Willingness to travel 50%-70% in US/International
- This position can be located in Windsor Locks, CT; Phoenix, AZ or Charlotte, NC
- ACE Associate or equivalent (Ex: Six Sigma Green Belt)
- 3+years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading Kaizen events with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience presenting to Senior Executives
- Experience using MS Office Suite – Word(creating, formatting, editing documents), Excel(creating, formatting, updating spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables), Powerpoint(creating and updating presentations)
- ACE Practitioner and/or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified ACE Event Leader
- Certified UTC ACE Silver Assessor
- Experience with ISO 9001
- BA/BS degree w/ 5+ years of experience
- MA/MS degree w/ 3+ years of experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.