Full Job Description
POSITION PURPOSE: At the direction of the CLO and Corporate Secretary, with a dotted line to the GC, assist Old World’s legal department, board members, senior management, outside counsel/contractors, and in-house staff in all domestic and international corporate administrative/formation/governance/record-keeping and secretarial functions (i.e., “Corporate Matters”) of a privately-held company as part of its 8-person in-house legal team. Secondary emphasis on mergers & acquisitions, legal research, and litigation support. Tertiary emphasis on trademark and copyright matters and on regulatory and compliance matters.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position shall focus on the following areas of concentration (by percentage of time and in order of importance):
A. Corporate Matters - Domestic and International (80%) – All Corporate Matters including: management of daily and long term corporate governance actions and related functions; organization and maintenance of corporate entities and records, reports and registrations for 35+ domestic and foreign entities; assistance with documentation required to create legal entities; drafting of various corporate documents including meeting minutes, consents, resolutions, articles of organization, operating agreements and all related agreements and actions. Responsibilities should also include a working knowledge of the mergers and acquisitions process, including supervision and maintenance of an electronic data room during due diligence period (including proficiency with related software).
B. Legal Research and Drafting (10%) – Conduct a broad spectrum of domestic (federal and state) and international legal research projects and draft initial versions of various contracts, NDAs, correspondence, memoranda, summaries and other documents.
C. Litigation Support (5%) – Assist in the management of all aspects of litigation/dispute resolution including preparation of draft pleadings, discovery, briefs, memoranda and related documents.
D. Trademarks & Copyrights (5%) — Assist in the management and maintenance of Old World’s portfolio of domestic and foreign trademarks and copyrights.
Requirements or Qualifications:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years minimum experience as a paralegal required.
- Knowledge of corporate law and governance required.
- Experience in a privately held, for-profit company required.
- Experience in organizing and maintaining corporate records (both domestic and international) required.
- Experience in drafting corporate documents required.
- Experience in legal research, summarization and drafting required.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft product suite, Thompson-Reuters products (WESTLAW; Practical Law); corporate management and registered agent software required.
- Experience in litigation support and management preferred.
- Experience in regulatory and compliance matters helpful.
- Experience in trademarks and copyrights patents helpful.
- Highly organized, efficient and motivated individual contributor and “team player.”
- Superior proactive interpersonal, written, verbal communication and team skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Background in automotive or automotive aftermarket industry helpful.
- Background in chemistry and chemical products industry helpful.
- Language skills, including Spanish and Mandarin, helpful.
Selection Criteria:Additional Information: