The Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for everything related to their corporate infrastructure (as it relates to Windows) so Window Servers, Windows Desktops, Active Directory, Group Policy, Hyper-V, Exchange, Power Shell Scripting, Imaging etc.
Selling points of interest:
- Building a new state of the art office on Langtree that overlooks Lake Norman!
- A very flat organization so the Engineer will interact with all levels of the organization including the President and will have the autonomy to drive new projects and initiatives.
- Will get exposure to a wide variety of technical projects, not just windows administration, but also cybersecurity and other project enhancements.
What we are looking for:
- A true "engineer" not just a run of the mill systems administrator from a large company.
- Need someone with a computer science, mechanical, or electrical engineering degree (preferably from a well-respected school).
- Should come from a similar size organization, something between 150 to 2,000 people, where they wore a lot of different hats, are a jack of all trades but know Windows Systems inside & out.
- The ideal person will be someone very smart, who has 3-5 years of experience. But someone with 5 - 10 who is a great culture fit would work as well.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent years of training and experience
Previous experience in:
- Windows Server Administration
- Windows Desktop Administration
- AD GPO Configuration/Troubleshooting
- Hyper-V and Virtualbox
- Renewing and acquiring various hardware platforms and software applications
- Previous experience: Implementing and enforcing business processes
- Hardware experience
- Aerohive WAP Administration
- Spiceworks Helpdesk
- Desktop support (Windows/Linux)
- PFSense firewalls
- Inventory Tracking
- System Imaging
- NESSUS Scanner
- System Documentation
- Carbon Black Experience
- Project management/support of various IT initiatives
- General networking experience
- Good communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- systems engineer: 1 year (Preferred)