Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is seeking a Senior Accountant for our Challenges Options in Aging Office which serves as the area agency on aging for Lawrence County.
The Senior Accountant will have an integral role supporting financial operations for our New Castle, PA location. This position is located at the Challenges Options in Aging Office in New Castle, PA.
Catholic Charities is the primary social service agency of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, serving all, regardless of religious affiliation, at their time of great need.
Senior Accountant Position Overview:
This is an accounting professional who will contribute to the financial planning, reporting, and decision-making to achieve program objectives. This position will be responsible for the general accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulations.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Maintains general ledger and accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure they accurately reflect the department’s financial position.
- Prepares the program budgets, annual plans, and performance reports to ensure a stable funding of operations.
- Monitors budgets and contracts to ensure sound programmatic and fiscal management including cost efficient and quality delivery of service.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Directs and supervisors the Fiscal Assistant.
- Prepares and monitors monthly financial statements, statistical reports and other documents in order to provide accurate and current program data.
- Manages the accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely payment of financial commitments.
- Prepares schedules and analysis to document agency financial statements for independent and government audits.
- Provides various reports to the AAA Advisory Council and Lawrence County Area Agency on Aging Committee.
- Interprets policies and regulations to provide guidance to staff and service providers in relation to contract administration, policies, and procedures.
Principal Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional accounting experience is required (accounting experience in a non-profit organization is preferred).
- Knowledge of auditing practices and procedures is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, is required.
- Advanced skills with accounting software are required (Blackbaud Financial Edge experience is preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Act 33/34 clearances required.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume along with salary requirement to the email address noted. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh offers a collaborative team environment along with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision plans, an employer funded retirement plan, and generous time off programs.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)