Specifically, you will:
Skills and Requirements
- Stocking and/or Cashier
- Unload and sort merchandise upon delivery arrival.
- Stock and display merchandise in accordance with Company merchandising standards.
- Follow all Company merchandising guidelines and plan-o-grams.
- Make sure all merchandise is accurately priced.
- Process and return to stock all go-backs.
- Carefully and correctly repack merchandise to be transferred back to the Distribution Center.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place in baler.
- Retrieve shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Report any illegal activity by customers or employees to Store Management.
- Follow all Company safety procedures.
- Work independently with minimal direction and follow the daily to-do list.
- Clean up spills, floors, shelves, displays, bathrooms, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Management or Supervisors.
To be a fit for the role of Store Associate, you will need:
- To be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, show initiative, and excel in a team environment.
- Prior retail or grocery experience is considered a plus, but is not required.
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact in an effective and friendly manner with customers and associates.
- The ability to comprehend instructions, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet shift goals and expectations.
- The ability to regularly lift one to five pounds, and lift up to 50 pounds as you unload trucks or move large boxes of inventory.
- The ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity.
- The ability to learn to use a baler and pallet jack.
Store Associates often work early mornings before the store opens, or late evenings (up until midnight) after the store closes in order to stock merchandise, setup displays, and clean floors, shelves, bathrooms, etc. You should have some flexibility in your work schedule, including the ability to work a weekend day, though we will try to work around your school and other responsibilities. Most positions begin part-time at 24 hours per week.