Salary Level 13
Salary Range - $44,250-$73,750
Normal Hiring Range - $44,250-59,000
Greenville–Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) is located near Greer, South Carolina, midway between Greenville and Spartanburg. The airport is the second busiest airport in South Carolina with nearly 1.1 million enplanements in 2017.
The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, similar to many of the nation’s top 100 commercial service airports, is a political subdivision of the State of South Carolina that operates without taxpayer subsidy.
The Airport's Mission
We begin each day fully committed to finding new ways to achieve our mission to advance the economic prosperity of the region by providing a safe, convenient, user-friendly, and cost competitive air transportation system connecting the region with the nation and world.
The Airport's Values
SAFETY & SECURITY: We embrace them as our priority.
EXCELLENCE: We are committed to ensuring excellence in all we do.
INNOVATION: We embrace innovative solutions and are always ready for change.
INTEGRITY: We are dedicated to honest and ethical practices.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We accept responsibility for our actions.
TEAMWORK: We think and act like one team, bonded by mutual trust and respect.
There are six major airlines at GSP: Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United. Combined, these airlines offer:
- An average of 50 nonstop daily departures
- Nonstop service to 16 major cities and 19 major airports across the U.S.
Over 100 million pounds of cargo are loaded on and off planes every year at GSP. The airport also handles over 1000 just in time cargo (hot shot) flights each year.
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for preparing various statistical reports, market research, and analysis in support of commercial business efforts of the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District. The individual will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and in team environments and to maintain flexibility to adapt to priorities based on changing business needs.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Conducts market research on aviation and real estate trends and performs financial and cost benefit analyses.
- Manages various airport market research projects that may include but not be limited to surveys, bench marking, and forecasts.
- Analyzes and prepares summaries and recommendations regarding lease agreement proposals.
- Assists with the execution of the District’s land development program including participation in various events and trade shows.
- Oversees the appraisal process and appraiser selection, as needed.
- Oversees preparation and negotiation of contracts for the terminal building advertising sales program.
- Participates in the negotiation and development of leases and other agreements with current and future tenants.
- Assists with property management activities including but not limited to tenant leasehold inspections to ensure compliance with leases and other agreements.
- Assists with the development of request for proposals, request for qualifications, and other solicitation documents for the Commercial Business Department.
- Assists with coordination of various meetings, events, and programs held in conjunction with airport tenants and business partners.
- Creates and disseminates monthly reports detailing monthly food, beverage, and retail concessions activity, ground transportation and parking activity, rental car activity, as well as airport business trends and forecasts.
- Prepares other routine presentations and reports for distribution to District staff and business partners.
- Maintains various District contact lists and databases for the Commercial Business Department.
- Manages and supports a collaborative working environment with external airport business partners including but not limited to airlines, advertisers, rental car companies, and business prospects.
- Fosters a positive working relationship with tenants, vendors, business partners in support of District goals.
- Assists the Commercial Business, Communications, and Information Department teams as well as others with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education,Experience, Ability)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in aviation management, business administration, public administration, finance, market research, real estate, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in business development, finance, market research,real estate, or related field required.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the latest versions of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and web searches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; capability for analytical thinking.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confident in working with the public, fellow employees, and business partners in pursuit of Airport District goals.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment.
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand – Moderate physical effort required. Moderate to heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), carrying, walking, standing,pushing, pulling, stooping and kneeling requirements necessary up to 20% of the time. Sitting required 80% of the time.
- Mental and or Visual Demands- Mental and visual demands vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to monitor work flow and respond efficiently.
- Some night and weekend work will be required.
- Travel– Occasional overnight/out of town travel required.
- Must be able to complete and pass pre-employment/post offer checks to include, but not limited to, background, drug, references, education, and DMV, as required by the Federal Government, aviation-related authorities and the District.
- Must have a reliable motor vehicle to attend meetings and other events throughout the region as well as for business development related functions.
To apply, submit an application at http://www.gspairport.com/careers
GSP Airport District is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,250.00 to $59,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement