The candidate will work closely with attorneys supporting annuity and life insurance policy operations. The role requires providing legal assistance on matters related to insurance contract administration including new business processing, Inforce administration of contracts and claim processing. The candidate must possess the necessary legal research, analytical skills and abilities needed to support attorneys with legal tasks. The position requires collaboration with coworkers, business partners and attorneys to coordinate and perform legal tasks proficiently with limited guidance. The candidate will also assist in other areas of Legal as needed.
Provide legal support to attorneys:
- Proven ability to multi-task, follow-up, effectively prioritize, and manage all matters and assigned tasks. Specific duties include handling and/or facilitating responses to various legal inquiries from Operation personnel, creating and maintaining state regulatory compilations, assisting with escalated contract owner matters and addressing issues specific to the administration of annuity and life insurance products.
- Produce accurate, high quality work product with the ability to closely manage multiple matters and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Assist with implementation of identified process improvements and best practices.
- Maintain proficiency with company technology, including software and databases.
- Perform legal research and analysis of statutory, regulatory, contractual and general business matters.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of legal research and the ability to interpret legal decisions such as examining and processing a variety of legal documents; conducting research, analysis and evaluation of data in response to complex or sensitive requests or other legal documents and correspondence; searching and reviewing legal references, case files, and other sources for information and data required by attorneys.
- Establish, develop and manage effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and act as a liaison with business partners.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, including the ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- 4 – 5 years’ experience as a paralegal in the insurance or financial services industry, law firm or corporate legal department.
- Four year degree required or equivalent work experience.
ABA approved Paralegal Certificate or ABA approved Paralegal Association of Applied Science Degree.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience as a paralegal in the insurance or financial services industry, law firm or corporate legal department.
- Annuity or life insurance product development experience.
At Allianz, we foster a workplace where every person feels welcome, connected, and valued.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 88 million private and corporate customers and more than 140,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Retiring with financial security. Living life with confidence. At Allianz Life®, every employee knows these are the things that matter. To do what matters means giving employees the tools and opportunities they need to create innovative, industry-leading products, to discover and embrace new trends, and to strengthen the customer experience. As a company, it means creating a culture that is inclusive, where doing the right thing comes naturally, and promoting an environment that develops talent, seeks excellence, encourages smart risks, and recognizes and rewards people for their performance. Doing what matters for employees helps everyone focus on doing what matters most for our customers. Allianz Life. What you do here matters.
Why Allianz Life®? Because we hire people who are dedicated to doing what matters and we give you the quality training, support, and advancement opportunities you need to succeed. As a company known for its financial strength, we offer generous benefits, have a strong commitment to community involvement, a collaborative culture, and a unique level of energy. The result is engaged and more productive employees. From the very first day you join our team, you will know that your contributions are valued. We practice True Balance at our campus by providing a fun work environment, an on-site child development center, a fully staffed fitness center, and a variety of meal options in both our full-service cafe and bistro. And all medical, dental, and retirement benefits are effective the first day you join Allianz Life, so you can focus on what truly matters.
An equal opportunity employer.