The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The primary purpose of a Research Investigator is t apply technical expertise and experience to coordinate, design and carry out research projects. Impact cancer research efforts throughout the institution.
The Ideal Candidate will have a combination of cell therapy (adoptive cell transfer of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, NK cells, and chimeric antigen receptor NK and T cells) combined with radiotherapy.
KEY FUNCTIONS/JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Functions in an independent manner in the design, initiation, and completion of research experiments.
- Designs, develops, or adapts protocols in research.
- Determines specific goals or objectives to be achieved, analyzes and evaluates research data, and develops and revises techniques or approaches to solve problems.
- Plans training and research work activity for assigned laboratory and research personnel.
- Supervises the use of laboratory equipment and implements safety procedures.
- Compiles and submits project results to superiors.
- Assists with in vitro screenings of antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) using cancer and immune cell lines.
- Perform Molecular Biology techniques, including RNA, DNA and protein analysis, including quantitative PCR and western blotting.
- Assists in the establishment of stables cell lines using lentiviral system for gene knockdown.
- Collects and processes biological specimens (blood and tissue).
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research projects.
- Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventor and high quality of reagents to support research projects.
Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience
Previous experience in the development of chimeric antigen receptors for NK and T cell therapies. Experience in molecular techniques includes the development of miRNA, and CRISPR guide RNA probes.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Day/Evening, Days, Weekends
US Dollar (USD) 46,000
US Dollar (USD) 57,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 69,000