A dynamic role of nanny + personal assistant, with travelexperience, is needed for a single parent in the 12 South/Belmont area ofNashville, TN (37212). The candidate must be well-trained & experienced incaring for babies 3+ months, as well as extremely proficient in personal assistanttasks and responsibilities.
The role will begin as a PA role and transition into incorporatingchildcare for the baby (due in 2020). This is a full-time, long-term position,in which the family is seeking an employee who stays with them for years tocome, and will require the right candidate to seamlessly go between nanny andPA duties. When assisting with personal matters, the weekly schedule will bemore traditional, but will require flexibility. Weekends will be needed 2x permonth, once childcare duties are introduced. Around the clock care will beneeded when the nanny is on duty with the baby, which will require overnights(private 3rd floor accommodations). A more detailed schedule is notavailable at this time, but will generally be 25-40 hours per week with 2+ daysoff each week.
The position requires travel. Candidates must bewell-traveled and have traveled with former principals on trips domesticallyand/or internationally.
Personal assistant tasks for the principal will range fromkeeping items stocked in the home, booking travel, making reservations,ordering and picking up meals, light cooking, attending to personal andbusiness matters, administrative duties, proficiency with technology, managingcalendars, creating travel itinerary, and speaking with airlines, bookingagencies, concierge services, etc. Party or event planning, research, and othertasks related to hosting guests or events is needed, as well as managing stafffor such events. Success in this role is doing everything possible to makethings run smoothly for the principal and stay ahead of the curve with needs.This is someone who is always thinking 3 steps ahead and knows how toappropriately read situations and circumstances. Completing tasks efficientlyfrom start to finish and doing everything in your power to not take no for ananswer for things that need to move forward are key.
The nanny role will be a full-charge role for everythingchild-related. From enriching growth and development, to making sure all the baby’sitems are always stocked. This is a position that requires an individual withdrive, confidence, and experience with young ones. Knowledge of the earlychildhood years will be crucial to helping assist the single parent infeedings, bathing, playtime, naps + bedtime, development, supplies, babyproofing, etc. The position will adapt over time to the growing needs of thechild. Eventually driving, coordinating play-dates, planning activities, anddrop off and pick-ups will be needed.
A vehicle will be provided. Housing accommodations can benegotiated, if needed by the candidate.
- 7+ years in a similar role(s)
- Adaptability to changes, situations, and therole over time
- Flexibility with schedule, tasks, etc.
- Capable of completing tasks from start tofinish, not leaving loose ends on things
- A great communicator with the principal &others via in-person, emails, texts, calls, etc.
- Able to, and skilled at, travel (not afraid ofplanes, boats, etc.)
- Strong swimmer
- Proficient with technology (smart phones, homes,cars, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A positive, go getter attitude and doesn’t takeno for an answer from vendors
- Someone who can prioritize the needs of thefamily, on-going
- Takes initiative and is observant
- Accommodate the principal with a very high qualityof service and attention-to-detail
- Intuition and anticipating the needs of theprincipal
- Take pride in your work and strive to be anexpert in your role
- Extremely organized with schedules and details
- Able to collaborate and work well with others
- Must love children!
To be considered, candidates must meet the aboveexpectations, have a professional resume with all work history listed,excellent references from former employers, and minimum 2 letters ofrecommendation. A full background check, MVR check, and drug test will beconducted before hiring.
Annual: $65,000+ (to commensurate with experience) andprofessional benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year