MANTA is a dynamic product design and engineering consultancy located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We provide industrial design, usability, and engineering development services to clients in diverse industries including medical devices, robotics and consumer electronics. MANTA’s culture has an entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to innovation and providing exceptional client service. Learn more about MANTA at www.mantadesign.com
The Director Electrical Engineer position requires specific expertise in electrical engineering hardware development. This role involves tackling complex problems and finding innovative solutions in the context of tight project timelines and budgets. This is a hands-on technical position, but also includes responsibility for building and leading Manta's electrical engineering group.
- Responsible for the specification and development of electrical hardware systems
- Design and development of both analog and digital hardware using internal and external resources
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree in Engineering is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in a system design environment is required
- Applies principles of electronics and electrical design, including digital, analog, RF, and mixed-signal systems
- Competence in designing both analog & digital circuits on a schematic level
- Experience developing devices in an ISO regulated environment is required, including familiarity with IEC 60601 and IEC 62304 standards
- Schematic generation with Altium Designer. Board layout is a plus. Experience with other ECAD tools will be considered
- Develop PCB layout constraints and supervise PCB design/layout for manufacturability
- Experience in design for electromagnetic and safety compliance to include familiarity with IEC 60601
- Knowledge of power systems
- Familiarity with multiple MCU’s
- Embedded software development and debugging skills are a plus
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current probes, and other lab equipment and tools
- Test, debug, and bring-up of prototype circuit boards
- Assist in the development of test protocols and fixtures
- Familiarity with communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
- Experience generating electrical requirements/specifications
- Experience generating and executing test protocols for hardware and software
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation.
- Health and dental plan, flexible spending account.
- 401k with company contribution.
- Year-end bonus based upon annual company performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Vaccinations, masks and social distancing.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02141: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person