About the MSBA
The Massachusetts School Building Authority (“MSBA”) is a quasi-independent government authority created to reform the process of funding capital improvement projects in the Commonwealth’s public schools. The MSBA strives to work with local communities to create affordable, sustainable, and energy efficient schools across Massachusetts. The MSBA, which has a dedicated revenue stream of one penny of the state’s 6.25-percent sales tax, is collaborating with municipalities to equitably invest up to $2.5 billion in schools across the Commonwealth by finding the right-sized, most fiscally responsible and educationally appropriate solutions to create safe, sound, and sustainable learning environments
Job postings will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Provide IT project business users with consultations to design and modify MSBA applications. Participate in all phases of the development process including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support for MSBA applications. Elicit, analyze and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and transaction processing systems. Capture requirements and changes through functional specification and configuration documentation. Acts as liaison between IT and business users as well as the primary tester of the application’s functionality.
- Analyze client business processes/requirements and develops corresponding processes and data flows (functional specifications and change management).
- Document and provides recommendations for future business processes and drive towards continuous process improvements.
- Gather and understand business user requirements; create solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Develop comprehensive end to end test cases at the application and multi-application levels including testing strategies, testing conditions and evaluation of expected results.
- Acts as IT point person for coordinating and supporting User Acceptance Testing.
- Document action items, status reports, and post-project evaluations as required.
- Gather and analyze data as requested.
- Create and maintain user, technical and operational documentation that describes program source, logic and corrections or changes.
- Conduct user training as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for all user request forms internally and externally.
- Serve as the point of contact to solve user application access issues.
- Provide electronic reporting support using MS-Access, SQL querying, and other reporting tools.
- Resolve business users’ questions and problems, elevates issues as appropriate.
- Participate on MSBA project teams where technical representation is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science or other related discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in software implementation or software quality assurance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, SQL, and web technologies.
- Direct experience with the various stages of the SDLC.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to achieve successful results working closely with end business users and developers in both agile and waterfall development environments.
- Ability to drive team projects to completion without jeopardizing quality.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and write complex business systems and documents clearly and concisely.
- Experience with business process improvement.
- Experience with flow charts and screen mock ups using MS Visio and/or other software.
- Experience writing and executing test cases/plans and user stories.
- Strong experience with User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to effectively present information to end users, the development team and IT Director.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- A task driven mindset as well as effective multitasking and follow up skills.
- Professional interpersonal style; ability to work and build trust with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Exhibit a professional ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible work style approach.
- Ability and willingness to proactively research and/or solve issues.
- Ability to be reliable and punctual.
- Must be willing to learn and try new tools and approaches, take risks, and stay current in application software knowledge.
- Must be self-directed, highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and customer service approach.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Masters in technical field or business administration.
- Experience with data analytics and visualizations using Tableau.
- An understanding of construction management, cost accounting, and/or budgeting.
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $79,631.00 to $103,520.00 /year
- Business Analysis: 3 years