The PRN OHN/Registered Nurse coordinates health care for employees in the onsite clinic and oversees evaluation and case management of workplace injuries as well as compliance with medical surveillance programs. The RN relays information to employees and client key stakeholders regarding workplace safety and injury prevention as well as assuring compliance with health-related OSHA mandates
- Treatment of acute occupational injuries
- Perform drug tests, hearing tests, pulmonary function and fit tests
- Respond to medical emergencies and initiate and facilitate ongoing health and wellness screenings and wellness functions for employees
- Case management of workman's compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries.
- Assure compliance with OSHA programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs
- Maintain health care unit inventory of medications and supplies
- Assist the employer representative with administration of Non-Occupational Disability Program.
- Maintenance of charts and employee records
- Prepare and supervise the clinic/patient interaction of the Overseeing Physician as necessary
- Case management of workman’s compensation claims
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up program
- 5+ years nursing experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of workers compensation case management and regulations
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, ADA, FMLA and OSHA regulations
- Proficient computer skills with MS, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to generate reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and training courses.
Job Type: Contract