Join the most colorful company in the world!
At Crayola, we are for kids! We believe unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products and experiences give colorful wings to the invisible things in the hearts and minds of children. Come help us create innovative, fun products that make kids smile by joining us as an...
Associate Packaging Engineer
Accountable for preparing new or revised package designs, drawings and specifications for primary and secondary product packages, to satisfy consumer, account, production, marketing, quality and shipping requirements as per specific timelines. Emphasis will be placed on Innovation and speed to market, based on consumer and account specific demands.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs packages that are cost effective with high consumer appeal.
- Offers Innovation of structural product packaging as well as, identifying efficiencies in manufacturing
- Designs and develops new or revised packaging with supervisory guidance for all business platforms. Prepares drawings and specifications utilizing a computer aided design system, Artios, SolidWorks, SAP.
- Validates packaging modifications to optimize costs and manufacturing parameters.
- Responsible for follow through of product change notices relevant to the packaging specification and related bill of material files.
- Proactively makes recommendations on product timelines, new innovative ideas, product changes and the associated cost impact to the business.
- Responsible for package ship testing to verify package and product protection.
- B.S. degree in Package Engineering
- 1 year experience in a consumer goods packaging environment preferred
- Must be proficient at Artios CAD and SolidWorks 3D software, or other PC based computer-aided design software packages. Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Working knowledge of various paperboard stocks, corrugated materials, packaging films, P.O.P. displays, label stocks and printing processes pertaining to the packaging industry.
- A demonstrated record of creativity innovation and productivity in a technical environment
- Knowledge of various national and international shipping specifications and testing techniques for the determination of adequate product protection.
- Must be excellent communicator both written and orally.
- Ability to work independently with strong project management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and switch priorities as need dictates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Casual Dress
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential For All FT Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Onsite Cafeteria & Credit Union
- Option to Purchase Additional Vacation
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and establishing written contingent and retained search firm agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human Resources.