As Sr. Director, Corporate Strategy- Retail, your team is responsible for helping steward the development of the company’s long term enterprise strategy, defining key priorities tied to enterprise imperatives, the connection of each business unit to those imperatives, and the choices and trade-offs required to achieve those long term goals. As part of each business unit’s leadership team, functional leads work to support the growth aspirations of each business, and collaborate with counterparts within strategy and the business to connect the dots on opportunities and risks across each business and the enterprise.
This leader will be aligned to the CVS/Pharmacy business, work directly with its leadership, and lead a team to deliver against those goals. In conjunction with the business, the leader will help define the operating model, key objectives, and align on a clear roadmap to support the business going forward.
- Work with leadership team, strategy counterparts, and business leads to develop enterprise strategy, identify key priorities and choices that allow CVS Health to realize its imperatives, and manage trade-offs required to realize vision
- Develop relationships with senior executives, peers, external advisors and cross-functional team members as required in support of enterprise strategy development and implementation. High level of confidence and ability to drive across many functions in the organization
- Work with business unit leadership to fully scope function, build team, and support business unit, which can include leading development of long term strategic plans that can deliver against growth expectations
- Successfully work on cross-enterprise and business-unit specific initiatives linked to company’s strategic imperatives.
- Successfully manage special projects that impact the entire organization and/or key business-unit partner, with a demonstrated experience in generating strategy or change initiatives
- Ability to assure comprehensive understanding of internal and external environmental influences
- Must be a fact-based problem solver, demonstrated personal integrity, collaborative style, proven ability to manage conflict, strong work ethic
- 10+ years of leadership experience in Strategy and/or Corporate Development and technical/functional expertise in one or several of the following areas within the healthcare sector: management consulting, financial analysis, public policy, mergers and acquisitions, operations and/or marketing
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles in retail or healthcare industry
- Understanding and/or strong interest in fundamental aspects of the pharmacy business and its components, particularly around the evolving economic environment and competitive positioning of existing and emerging players within sector
- Proven relationship and project management skills across all levels within an organization and with relevant external constituents
- Ability to lead the strategy development and execution planning of trans-formative projects from end-to-end with both internal and external entities
- Proven skills in developing strategic frameworks and “storytelling” with relevant fact-base and key assumptions
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, high-profile and high-impact projects
Bachelor’s degree with MBA or JD from a top program highly preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.