As a Senior Email Developer for Epsilon, you will implement best practices in coding/development of email campaigns for our clients, delivering long-term solutions for email production efficiency and accuracy, provide solutions for fellow development team members, as well as, create advanced email campaigns. You may also have opportunity to drive enterprise-scale websites and web-based applications.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
Required Technical Skills:
- Create complex email templates with mobile responsive functionality
- Advanced scripting capabilities is a must. AMPScript and Freemarker and the languages of choice, but we are interested in all capabilities
- Act as a mentor for Junior Developers and offshore teams
- Drive the development team to use new and better technology
- Create best-practices standards and documentation
- Assist creative team to push boundaries on design possibilities
- Strong Experience with Image and HTML Coding Optimization for email
- Expert in writing logic (any scripting language)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus
- Strong understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques within the email space
- Strong sense of visual design (while you may not be an expert with Photoshop or Illustrator, you still have an eye for aesthetics).
- Comfortable with source version control software
- Understanding of object oriented programming
- Ability to write complex functions/macros in Freemarker and/or AMPScript
- Advanced knowledge of:
o Third-party email service provider systems (e.g. Harmony, Cheetahmail, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Responsys)
o Email platform/client limitations and workarounds
o Media queries and mobile specific coding
It’s a plus to have:
- Successful track record of delivering solutions within realistic budget and schedule requirements
- Knowledge of server-side technologies like Python, Java, .NET or PHP is a plus
- Abilities to draft both Functional and Technical Specifications documents, as needed
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
USA - United States-3090 - Illinois-50082 - Chicago-C5-West Chicago, IL
C5-West Chicago, IL West Chicago 60185
Mar 9, 2020, 4:05:41 PM