ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial
Journeyman Pipe Fitter.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter will assemble, layout, install
and maintain pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas
systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited
to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars,
and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the
construction or maintenance site including in buildings,
outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers.
The work may also include working in underground
(excavations) areas and working at heights of access of
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe
Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough
knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on an industrial
scope of work:
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the
locations, quantities, and sizes of
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required
to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside
piping system according to plans and applicable
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and
the piping systems.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks,
cables, and other rigging equipment.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports;
however the position will work closely with and
oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions.
The position will hold a positional and expertise
authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and
manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes
for industrial piping and boiler components for a
combined-cycle power plant.
- Must have 4+ years experience with the pipe fitting
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Formal/technical education
- 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
- 2 - Torpedo Magnetic Level
- 1 - 25' Tape Measure
- 1 - 5 Gallon Plastic Bucket
- 2 - 12" x 24" Framing Square
- 1 - String Level
- 1 - 8" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - 14" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 24" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - Pipefitter's Blue Book
- 1 - 420 Channel Locks
- 1 - Torch Lighter (Striker)
- 1 - Chalk Line
- 1 - Set of Allen Wrenches
- 1 - Line Up Bar
- 2 - Combination Open/Box End Wrenches (7/8", 15/16",
1 1/16", 1 1/8", 1 1/4")
- 1 - Screwdriver (Flat)
- 1 - Set of Tip Cleaners
- 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
- 1 - 24" Level
- 1 - 16' Tape Measure
- 1 - Pair of Cutting Goggles
- 1 - Center Finder
- 1 - 4" Wraparound
- 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - 18" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - Center Punch
- 1 - Wire Cutters
- 1 - Plumb Bob
- 1 - Set Blinding Wedges – Small
- 1 – Hacksaw
- 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
- 1 - Phillips Screwdriver
- 1 - Combination Set - Tri- Square, Protractor, and
- 1 - 3/8 Ratchet Drive with 3/8" to 1" set
- 1 - Construction Calculator
- 1 – Rain Suit
- 1 – Rubber boots
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts
of standing, walking, bending, squatting and
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to
perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn,
objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and
stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at
heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and
long distances, colors, depth perception and
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements
including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain,
snow and wind; and must be able to work for long
period of times up to 12 hours a day.
equipment (PPE) including but not limited to:
- Will be required to wear personal protective
hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs,
masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free
work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.