Vice President - Information Technology Services-253784
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Primary Location OH-Cleveland
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Exempt
Job Type Experienced
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Shift Day Job
Job Sensitivity Tier II - No Credit Check
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland serves the Fourth Federal Reserve District, which comprises Ohio, western Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky, and the northern panhandle of West Virginia. It is one of 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, make up the Federal Reserve System and the central bank of the United States.
Our mission is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial, and payments systems, in order to promote optimal economic performance across the country and within the Fourth District. Key strategic objectives for 2017 - 2019 are:
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE - Build a sustained culture of high performance, engagement, and inclusion to achieve our strategies and deliver business driven outcomes with excellence
- INNOVATIVE PAYMENT STRATEGIES AND SOLUTIONS - Proactively identify and develop payments solutions to transform Bank, System, and Treasury practices
- STRENGHTHEN FINANCIAL STABILITY - Strengthen our contributions to financial stability through advanced analytics and research
- INFLUENTIAL ECONOMIC RESEARCH AND POLICY CONTRIBUTIONS - Consistently produce influential, high-quality economic research and deepen expertise that informs policy contributions
- VOICE OF THE FOURTH DISTRICT – Be an influential voice in our region and provide leadership in the Federal Reserve System
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Bank) is seeking a Vice President for our Information Technology Services Function.
The Vice President of Information Technology Services will lead and develop a diverse team of 50+ in the areas of applications development, end user support, network and telecommunications support, customer relationship management, and automation infrastructure support. The Vice President, who will report to the Senior Vice President and CIO will assist in developing strategic policies and programs that integrate with business strategy needs and support the Bank’s and the System’s strategies and high priority initiatives.
In this role, the Vice President will participate and be expected to take leadership roles on various System committees and groups that help establish the Bank as a respected peer and leader within the System. Additionally, the Vice President will build and develop the capacity and capability of the Information Technology Services team. Specifically, the Vice President of Information Technology Services will be responsible for:
Specific expectations include:
- implementing effective and efficient policies governing the delivery of information technology (IT) services;
- ensuring that end users have access to the technologies required to meet their business objectives;
- collaborating with functional areas and with Federal Reserve System National IT service providers to ensure IT strategies are in alignment with business, Bank, and Federal Reserve System (System) goals and objectives;
- designing and delivering value-add technology solutions for business line stakeholders;
- maintaining consistently high levels of customer satisfaction;
- staying abreast of current and emerging technologies and identifying those that are strategically important to the Bank and the System;
- ensuring that IT costs are effectively monitored and controlled and that chargebacks to business areas are accurate;
- maintaining an effective control environment with appropriate security and risk management processes; and
- working within the System to ensure that the Bank maintains an influential role in System technology strategies.
- Partner with the CIO and key stakeholders within the Bank to develop, refresh, and execute IT high priority initiatives for the function that are aligned with the Bank and System IT strategies.
- Attract, develop, and retain a high caliber of professional staff with diverse capabilities, and develop successors and talent pools for key roles, while maintaining a high level of employee engagement.
- Create a high performance environment that rewards, recognizes, and implements smart risk taking, innovative ideas and continuous improvement efforts that positively impacts strategic and operational outcomes for the System, Bank and the function.
- Represent the Bank on key System technology-related committees that are responsible for delivering and/or advising System senior officials in advancing enterprise-wide strategies and solutions.
- Ensure the planning, development and implementation of technology-related strategies, policies, and procedures ensuring that the Bank’s IT strategies comply with evolving business requirements, System requirements, and industry trends.
- Prepare, present, and interpret reports for executive level briefings and presentations to management, directors, national business offices, and the Board of Governors staff that explain the rationale behind both local and national IT initiatives and their resulting impact and business value.
- Identify, assess, and monitor associated risks that could impede the achievement of the Federal Reserve System, Bank, and function goals and strategic objectives, or have a financial statement impact.
- Ensure the function’s compliance program confirms all applicable System and locally developed ITS policies, procedures, and controls are complied with and tracked.
- Work closely and collaborate effectively with the Bank’s Information Security function to support and implement security practices which help safeguard our organization and the System from cyber-attacks.
- Lead transformational changes within the functional area in the delivery of innovative services and business solutions through strategic partnerships with stakeholders.
- Continue to strengthen the department’s reputation for objectivity, integrity, cooperation, customer centric focus, and for delivering value-added work product and services within the Bank and the System.
- Actively engage professionally within the region and nationally to develop strong personal contacts with leaders of key external stakeholder groups and organizations.
CRITICAL BACKGROUND AND CAPABILITIES
The successful candidate will be an experienced technology leader with broad and substantive knowledge of current technologies and how they can add business value. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of effective collaboration with customers, dedication to outstanding customer service, and successfully building strong relationships and team dynamics within their organization. Substantial direct experience within the Federal Reserve System is preferred.
The following demonstrated qualifications are requisite for the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or business field, or a non-business related undergraduate degree with a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Management Information Systems or related technology field.
A minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 5 years of management experience leading cross functional teams.
Substantive knowledge in multiple aspects of Information Technology including end user support, application development, infrastructure services and information security.
Experience in dealing with difficult and complex issues with a strong record of accomplishment.
Demonstrated ability to develop productive and collaborative relationships and engage employees within all levels of the organization including senior level management, peers, key stakeholders, and staff.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with, and build consensus among, diverse constituents whose interests sometimes compete.
Experience in managing and developing people, projects, and programs effectively to obtain optimal outcomes.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Highly motivated professional demonstrating sound judgment and integrity.
Proven ability to work in a highly federated environment where decision rights are often broad and final decisions can require navigating a complex governance and approval process.