Clearance: Current and active TS/SCI Clearance with CI
Polygraph Position Location: Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO
No Telecommute: Work to be performed on the client site in SCIF
Position Type: Full time (40 hrs. a week)
Seeking a motivated Junior Systems Engineer / Data Science Analyst to join our program working with the Data Engineering Team responsible for building the Metadata Application Profile (MAP) that aligns attributes from various Data Stores into a Search & Retrieval System, enabling discovery of imagery and data for analysis.
This position focuses on metadata maintenance activities for the integration of metadata between systems and the associated API to enable discovery of data across the Enterprise and the Intelligence Community.
- Work closely with the Lead Data Science Librarian to build and maintain the MAP, assess metadata quality, plan and coordinate metadata enhancement and remediation.
- Determine/monitor MAP accuracy by conducting queries against data holdings in native systems and using the System User Interface (UI), API, and Solr UI.
- Support Systems Engineers and Software Developers by creating design documents for new Data Stores which identify the metadata fields, service specifications, volumetrics and standards needed to integrate into the Search and Discovery System.
- Maintain an ongoing working relationship with government data stewards and system Data Store owners to inform end-user satisfaction and to keep abreast of attribute changes.
- Investigate and respond to tickets/issues associated with metadata discrepancies or mapping.
- 2 years of Data/Systems engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or an additional 2 years of related data/systems engineering experience.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with the ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Strong technical skills, interest in technology, and the ability to troubleshoot simple technology problems, failures, or deficiencies.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad++) Desired:
- Preferred Certifications: Security +, Network+, A+ is preferred. Ability to obtain one of these certifications within 6 months of start date if not currently in hand.
- Familiar with metadata standards (NMF, D&R IDM, DDMS, PUBS)
- Familiar with Solr Apache (build queries from UI or CMD line)
- Experience with Government and DoD analysis, reporting, and geospatial analysis tools (iSpy, etc.)
- Familiar with reading and interpreting XML and XSD files.
- Experience with geospatial analysis and terminology
- Comfortable working in an Agile Software Development environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person