Please apply at: https://access.iprospectcheck.com/MVP-APP/index.cfm?fuseaction=career_center.job&jobid=150
Loomis seeks highly qualified individuals to join our team and become a fully functional Armed Security Guard/Driver. These positions are sometimes referred to as Armored Service Technician (AST). If you enjoy meeting customers and the freedom of working outside an office while wearing the uniform of one of the most respected companies in the field, this may be the opportunity for you. No experience necessary, you will be thoroughly trained in a classroom setting and receive on-the-job training with an experienced Armored Service Technician.
General Responsibilities of Armed Security Guard/Driver
- Drive automatic and standard shift armored vehicles, in accordance with a designated route, making stops at customer locations.
- Pick-up/deliver customer change orders/deposits carrying a minimum of 50 pounds by hand or up to several hundred pounds by cart.
- Load and balance ATM machines on your route.
- Load/unload vehicle cargo consisting of several bags and boxes of coin, weighing as much as 50 lbs. per item.
- Count items, record amounts and serial numbers, sign and date receipts and manifests.
- Communicate verbally with customers and via telephone and two-way radio to report emergencies and approach to Loomis facility.
Skills and Qualifications: We are looking for applicants who are at least 21 years of age, have a current driver’s license and a good driving record, show steady employment history and can pass a comprehensive background check that includes criminal history check and employment verification. In addition, Armed Security Guards/Drivers are required to have:
- Ability to push/pull dollies/carts loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in accordance with Driver Physical Qualifications established by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Ability to sign and record numbers by hand.
- Ability to meet State requirements for handgun license/permit is condition of employment.
We have openings for both part/time and full time positions.
Working Conditions of Armed Security Guard/Driver
- Full-time schedule can consist of an average of 50 hours per week.
- Full-time employees will be assigned to work a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
- Approximately 90-95 percent of work is performed in the vehicle within individual compartments (front and rear). Guard is exposed to wet and dry conditions, extreme heat and cold, constant vehicle and traffic noise, and possible exposure to gasoline/diesel fumes. www.work4loomis.com
- EOE AA A/F/Vet/DisabilityQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)