NexGen Pharma, Inc., a leader in quality pharmaceutical manufacturing and nutritional products for over 80 years, seeks to grow the talent of the Packaging department in Rosenberg, TX. We provide a work environment that is fast-paced and entrepreneurial where our human capital is valued as the number one asset. We create success through a goal-oriented and goal-achievement atmosphere, surrounded by a committed staff and management team.
- Lead the performance of various required tasks on packaging line.
- Assign group of employees Level 1 to Level 5 to their assigned work station according to their knowledge and training.
- Perform constant surveillance to assure that all aspects of packaged product are correct.
- Report to Packaging Supervisor, Packaging Manager or Quality Assurance any anomalies that arise during packaging.
- Notify the Packaging Supervisor or Packaging Manager immediately upon completion of any assigned task.
- Count and dispose of rejected components.
- Review all paperwork and equipment use logs for correctness and sign if appropriate.
- Train co-workers and document to employee training file.
- Perform all external cleanup, operation functions, and perform and document setup of all equipment: Fillers, Cappers, Checkweighers, Labelers, Accumulator tables, Conveyors, Sealers, Ink Jet Coders, Barcode Labelers, etc.
- Perform the following functions: Air blow bottles, apply package inserts into cartons, load cartons on equipment, fold cartons to make ready for jobs, close cartons after inspecting them, package suppositories into cartons, inspect for proper product, seals, labels, shrink bands, closures, lot number and expiration dates.
- Perform boxing of all products after verifying lot number and expiration date, accurate quantities and acceptable components.
- Perform calculations on packaging batch records accurately and check for errors before turning the batch records in for data entry.
- Inspect all parts of the packaging line for cleanliness.
- Release components for jobs; place them in an efficient manner in packaging area to accommodate space.
- Prepare paperwork for initial/final inspection, verifying accuracy of total completed finished product and finalizing paperwork.
- Assist Packaging Supervisor/Manager to inspect/verify that all aspects of packaging are followed without deviation.
- Return components after jobs are completed and place them in correct warehouse location.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with cGMP’s, SOP’s and DOP’s.
- Lead, guide and escalate issues in a thoughtful and confidential manner.
- Train employees, maintain daily planning, assigning and directing work, addressing or escalating complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain courteous and professional behavior and safe atmosphere.
- Attend training sessions upon request.
- Have daily discussion about productivity and schedule with Packaging Supervisor/Manager.
- Other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1+ years of related experience in a production environment required, or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3+ years in packaging preferred.
- Able to demonstrate and perform all of Packaging Technician Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 responsibilities.
- Able to follow standard operation procedures and recall by memory (GMP’s, SOP’s and Batch Records).
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision leading a team.
- Able to escalate issues in an appropriate and confidential manner.
- Able to trouble-shoot and problem-solve.
- Lead, motivate, and guide with consideration and respect.
- Able to follow directions and communicate information (written and verbal) and instructions to a team.
- Possess basic math skills and able to use calculator.
- Experienced with computerized systems for labeling, ordering, and inventory.
- Proficient with pallet jack operation; fork lift experience preferred.
- Able to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally. Able to lift 25 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
- Good organization skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Works and partners with others in a positive team environment.
Nexgen Pharma Offers:
Competitive base compensation
Medical coverage (HMO & PPO)
Company paid Life Insurance, plus ability to increment coverage at reasonable group rates
Attractive 401K Savings Plan with company match
Free Nutritional Supplements
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 3 years
- Team Lead: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: