The Business Relationship Manager II calls on businesses and business owners with revenue up to $5,000,000, loans of $1,500,000. The incumbent works in partnership with a group of Branch Managers to generate referrals, create loans and deposits, and manages a portfolio of business. The Business Relationship Manager II will also work with other lines of business to generate and take referrals.
- In addition to running loans through the normal Business Banking parameters, certain designated BB’s will be given an opportunity to call on clients up to $20mm in revenues and underwrite certain commercial banking opportunities. When appropriate, the Business Banker would remain as the relationship officer and have the full resources of Commercial Banking to help underwrite, approve and close the commercial opportunity. We only plan to use this for a few (2 to 4) business bankers in more rural markets where they do not have sufficient commercial banking support.
- Generate new business to assist in meeting small business banking line of business goals established by the Small Business Banking Manager and in line with the company’s organizational growth and profit goals.
- Evaluate needs of potential clients and provides appropriate financial solutions.
- Ensure proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved through enforcement of the bank’s small business and commercial loan policies and that they are properly approved in accordance with defined loan authorities and in conjunction with the centralized underwriting units.
- Make calls on high potential prospects and business banking customers to sell and service all banking needs (loans, deposits, investments & wealth management services, etc.). In addition, promotes and cross-sells other bank products and services to meet customer requirements as customer profiles are reviewed.
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio and status of all exceptions and past dues in accordance with loan policy working in conjunction with reports from the centralized underwriting units.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by providing ongoing relationship servicing, including the resolution of service issues of clients.
- Formulate and implement external promotion programs including administration of an advertising program.
- Assist in directing public relations activities and the coordination of contacts within the community including activity in local Community Reinvestment Act organizations.
- Coordinate business activities with Retail Market Managers to set business product sales and service objectives. Monitor results versus objectives and recommends necessary strategic adjustments to ensure that objectives are reached.
- Maintain constructive relations with all company departments, including, but not limited to retail banking, commercial banking, centralized underwriting units, treasury management, investments/wealth management, mortgage, loan operations, deposit operations, client call center, etc.
- Adhere to the necessary individual and group training for business relationship managers in regard to sales techniques, calling strategies, presentation skills and small business banking practices and procedures.
- Perform assigned responsibilities in compliance with all job-relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current operating knowledge of all job-relevant legal and regulatory requirements through the successful completion of mandatory compliance and regulatory training and attendance at all mandatory
regulatory compliance activities.
- Maintain a pipeline for borrowing and non-borrowing customer opportunities.
This position reports to the local Business Banking Market Manager.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Formal credit analysis training
- Five or more years business lending experience
- Five or more years comprehensive sales experience
- Proven track record of high performance and success in a sales/service driven banking or financial services environment
- Effective leadership skill set
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations and client service skills
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication and sales presentation skills
- Proven ability to solve problems and make sound business decisions
- Some training and development experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.