Our well-established, Brooklyn based company has an immediate opening for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to contribute to our growth and success. The position is Full Time (Monday thru Friday).The ideal Accounts Payable candidate must have 3+ years AP & QuickBooks experience; as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. This candidate will be working in a fast-paced growing environment where multi-tasking skills are needed. Background working in construction based industry is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable
- Maintain general ledger with aspects to accounts payable and job costing - job-costing is very essential to this position
- Enter and manage Accounts Payable in QuickBooks in a timely and accurate manner; after reviewing all bills have appropriate documentation (PO’s / Project Info.). After getting approvals from Project Mangers.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Perform weekly analysis; to assure compliance with vendor terms.
- Perform daily reconciliations for multiple credit cards; verifying purchases and job costing transactions.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist with document/form creation and file management
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (3+ years experience preferred), Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to focus, prioritize and multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Medical Insurance
- 401k Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)