World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health
, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The GM&T WBU delivers technological solutions (molecules, equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition, maritime logistics and scientific exploration, in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth.
To support the energy transition, GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio- Natural Gas for vehicles, refrigerated transport using nitrogen, but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
As a player of the deep tech sector, GM&T commercializes technologies dedicated to Space, Aerospace and scientific exploration. GM&T also supplies gases for players in of the maritime sector and provides logistics for cryogenic transportation by sea of value added molecules, such as helium.
GM&T employs 1,800 people world-wide and generated a 2017 revenue of €372 million.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Responsible for performing Quality Control laboratory analysis testing in support of membrane development and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Top priority is to ensure safe completion of all tasks and keeping all related training up to date.
- High volume, often routine Quality Control lab analysis.
- Perform lab analysis and communicate results in a timely fashion to support the mfg. process.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of data. Must be able to perform and cross-train on a variety of lab tests (product performance tests, Karl Fischer, GC, UV etc.)
- Perform calibration and selected preventive maintenance of lab equipment
- Work with laboratory personnel and contacts to ensure supplies are maintained and instrument maintenance is appropriate for laboratory
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company (method evaluations, quality functions, quality assurance issues, housekeeping, etc.).
- Duties include safe handling of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and ensuring that spent materials are disposed of in appropriate receptacles on-site.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years with appropriate instrumentation and data interpretation in a production laboratory environment
- Mechanically inclined, adept in the assembly of tube/pipe fitting type samples.
- Strong computer skills (scientific instrument software, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to succeed in a team environment with good communication skills including presentations to customers
- Strong command of English language, written and verbal
- Must show initiative and self-motivation
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work under time pressure on multiple requests
- Associate science degree or comparable work experience
- This position is presently a second shift assignment
- Must be able to work an offshift & weekends with possible callins and overtime
- Work environment is a laboratory.