R.C. Fields & Associates, Inc. is a growing Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm specializing in engineering design, land development, and project management on a variety of construction projects in Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia for over 30 years. Thanks to our growth, we are seeking a highly motivated senior civil engineer at our offices in Alexandria, Virginia.
Our highly motivated staff works closely together to deliver high quality land surveying, site design and planning services to an established client-base within a professional yet friendly environment. Our ideal candidate will be seeking a career growth opportunity with increased leadership responsibility within a dynamically growing Civil Engineering Firm.
We offer competitive compensation together with an excellent benefits package including 401K, health and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, educational and professional development reimbursement and more!
- Work within a team of professionals in developing engineered site/grading plans and specifications for a multitude of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional projects.
- Utilize technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, earthwork evaluations, grading and other site development related skills to assist with the preparation of subdivision, site, and infrastructure design.
- Manage schedules, budgets and sub-consultant coordination.
- Provide engineering support during design, permitting, development, and construction for various projects.
- Work with local municipalities towards approval and permits.
- Monitoring of construction activities to ensure construction quality and adherence to permits.
- Apply judgment on design decisions and selection from standard engineering techniques and alternatives.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 6+ years AutoCAD experience in a Civil Engineering production environment or related
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Core Competencies include: Ability to prioritize and multi-task with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. on a daily basis, Ability to meet job requirements/requests to achieve deadlines and contribute time needed to complete tasks, Strong attention to details while maintaining consistent work flow, Willingness/ability to expand knowledge of CAD and design abilities through training, Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented with them, Ability to work as a team player and interact well with others, Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- E. licensure or E.I.T. designation with the ability to achieve P.E. licensure
- Strong site and grading design capabilities as well as ability to apply constructability to engineering design
- Knowledge of AutoTURN, Civil 3D, and/or Carlson Civil Suite
- Working knowledge of site plan, grading plan, and subdivision plan preparation in the Northern Virginia region (District of Columbia, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax)
- Management experience of land development projects
- Stormwater management design utilizing HydroCAD, HydroPro, H2OCalc/FlowMaster software
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Engineering: 6 years (Required)